Wednesday, January 2, 2008

YouTube

I chose Smart Pug as my favorite video. It cracks me up everytime I watch it. I like using YouTube. It is easy to search and easy to navigate. I don't understand the channels option. I looked at the comedian channel and there was hardly anything there. Maybe the other channels have more postings.
I think that YouTube could be used on the library's website. We could embed videos of programs (assuming we could get photo releases). For instance, for a program the occurs annually, like the Chinese New Year program that I do. If I taped the 2007 program, I could post that in advance of the 2008 program- to get people interested. They could see how much fun it is to dance in the dragon dance costume. You could even post video of a program just after it occurs. You can showcase what cool prgrams we do, to encourage people to regularly check back so that they can attend the next program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there was talk of a contest for promoting summer reading program through video and youtube. They are working on the legality and what permissions will be needed.
Should be interesting if they are able to have the contest.
If that is possible loading videos of programs would be easy, However ComIt might have a few hundred things to say about the linking of videos to the web site. I dare not even think what it could do to the system.